Climate and energy
The 1st energy cooperative in the South of Luxembourg.
TM EnerCoop offers a socially and environmentally responsible alternative to contemporary energy consumption and production practices. This cooperative energy project contributes to greater energy independence and the development of the local economy. It contributes to the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions, to freeing ourselves from fossil fuels and to getting rid of nuclear power.
The 1st energy cooperative in Southern Luxembourg
The TM EnerCoop cooperative was developed within the framework of the citizens' initiative Transition Minett. TM EnerCoop becomes a local producer of green energy, with seven citizen projects in green energy (photovoltaic): one in Esch-Lallange, Kayl-Tétange, Bettembourg and Differdange and three in Schifflange.
The seven photovoltaic installations will produce an average of 26,000 kWh of electrical energy per year each. For the seven installations, this is roughly equivalent to what 2,100 households consume in a year to do their laundry or to plug in a fridge. In the interests of a regional approach, we have chosen solar panels of German origin.
How is your initiative financed?
members of the cooperative
Become a member by buying shares in the cooperative. Participate in local decisions (transparency, collective decision-making, project development, possibility of becoming a cooperator also for people of modest means etc.)
What’s neededEngaged citizen Part time volunteers Expertise/knowledge
- Promote renewable energies, to raise awareness of the need for an energy and citizen transition
- Produce green (renewable)energy locally, in order to increase our resilience and autonomy in relation to imports and to the large monopolistic companies
- Democratize the means of production, because we are more than consumers, we have local decision-making power (transparency, collective decision, project development, possibility to become a cooperator also for people of modest means etc.)
- Togenerate environmental, social and possibly financialbenefits
- Develop and share our experience with other projects, as the energy transition requires a multiplication of different experiences
- To ensure a coherent logic with regard to the principles of sustainability, regional links, and ecological and social criteria when purchasing materials, savings, advice and communication
TM Enercoop's citizen energy projects contribute to greater energy independence and the development of the local economy because the money invested stays in the region and the skills are developed locally.
The project contributes to reducing greenhouse gas emissions, moving away from fossil fuels, and moving away from nuclear power.
TM EnerCoop offers a socially and environmentally responsible alternative to contemporary energy consumption and production practices. Currently 97% of the energy consumed in Luxembourg is imported, and only a tiny fraction of the energy produced in Luxembourg comes from renewable sources.
All citizens interested in the energy transition in Luxembourg
By becoming a cooperator
- you help to produce green energy locally
- you support the fight against climate change
- you invest in the future and generate environmental
environmental, social and financial benefits
- you are taking the first steps towards energy independence as a responsible citizen
- you contribute to the democratisation of the means of production
- Good Health and Well-being
- Affordable and Clean Energy
- Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Responsible Consumption and Production
- Climate Action
- Partnerships to achieve the goal