Centre of ecological learning asbl. (CELL) and the DATer (Département de l’aménagement du territoire) of the Ministère de l’Énergie et de l’aménagement du territoire initiated the project and are the main sponsors for the development of the platform.
In accordance with Articles 12, 13 and 14 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (hereafter the “GDPR”), as well as Directive EU 2018/1725, this Information Notice explains how CELL asbl. and its partners collects, processes and protects Personal Data in relation with your registration and participation to the platform by writing articles on sustainability initiatives.
This Notice shall cover the processing made by all the partners.
1) WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE PROCESS?
In order to integrate your contribution on our website, you need to create a free user account on our platform.
By creating this account, you provide Personal Data, which means you shall be considered as a data subject.
The personal data processed include: -Your first name, last name -Your email address -Your password -Your affiliation (civil society, government, municipality, research, school or enterprise).
2) WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PROCESSING THE DATA?
This platform is developed in a collaboration of partner organizations, who all play a role in shaping the content, structure and functions of the platform. The platform is a place where everybody can be informed about sustainability initiatives and transition projects or write articles about it. All the partners are joint-controllers in the meaning of the GDPR.
For the moment, we count eight partner organizations:
- Centre for Ecological Learning Luxembourg
- The University of Luxembourg
- Ministère de l’énergie et de l’aménagement du territoire (DATer)
- Ministère de l’Environnement
- IMS Luxembourg
- The Cercle de Coopération des ONGD
The number of partner organizations can grow for the development of the platform. The notice will be updated accordingly.
The coordination between partner organizations in the development of the contents and the structures and functions of the platform is ensured by the Steering Group, with representatives of all partner organizations, with the help of the project manager, who also liaises with the Group of Developers of the platform.
3) WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND TO WHOM ARE THEY DISCLOSED?
Only the partner organizations will have access to your personal data in order to review your article(s).
4) WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE PROCESSING?
The purpose of the Processing of Personal Data is: -To carry out your registration on our platform -To allow you to write and publish articles -To promote your work on the articles.
5) HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR DATA?
The Personal Data provided by you through your registration are kept for the duration of your account on our platform. If you decide to no longer be a contributor of the platform and want to delete your account, your personal information will be deleted as soon as possible.
6) WHAT IS THE LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA?
The legal basis is laid down in article 6.1.(a) of the GDPR: the data subject has given his consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes. Indeed, we need your personal data to create a user account.
7) WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS WITH REGARD TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
According to the GDPR, you benefit notably from the following rights: right to be informed, right to access to your personal data, right to rectification, right to erasure, right to restrict the scope of the processing, right to object, right to data portability, right to lodge a complaint.
8) WHOM SHOULD YOU CONTACT IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
In practice, you can exercise your rights by contacting:
9) HOW CAN YOU LODGE A COMPLAINT?
If you consider that the Processing of Personal Data relating to you infringes the GDPR, you will have the right – without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy – to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement. In Luxembourg, the competent authority is the Commission Nationale pour la Protection des Données (CNPD).
Contact of the CNPD:
Commission Nationale pour la Protection des Données
1, avenue du Rock’n’Roll
Service des réclamations
Tel. : (+352) 26 10 60 -1
Fax : (+352) 26 10 60 -29
You can also use their contact form, at: https://cnpd.public.lu/fr/support/contact.html
10) APPLICABLE LAW - JURISDICTION
The present Notice shall be governed and construed in accordance with the Luxembourgish law.
Any dispute concerning the existence, interpretation or performance of this Notice which cannot be settle amicably, shall fall within the jurisdiction of the Courts of Luxembourg City, without prejudice to the rights of the Data Subjects to bring the matters before the court where he or she has her place of residence as well as its right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Terms and conditions for accessing the BiBe & Aktioun Nohaltegkeet platforms
Consultation of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set out below. By consulting the pages of this site, you agree to respect these terms and conditions.
BiBe - Biergerbedéelegung fir eng nohalteg territorial Entwecklung zu Letzebuerg
178, rue du Rollingergrund
This site is hosted by Hetzner
Policy regarding links
Links to external websites or other sources do not constitute a recommendation or guarantee on the part of the Aktioun Nohaltegkeet regarding their content, which remains the exclusive responsibility of their authors.
BiBe is happy to authorise any website (source site) to insert, for non-commercial purposes, a hyperlink to the site https://www.bibe.cell.lu or to one of its inner pages (sites or target pages), provided that:
- the source site does not disseminate information of a political, religious, pornographic or xenophobic nature or which might offend the sensibilities of others
- the target page of the site https://bibe.cell.lu does not launch in a frame as part of the source site but in a new window.
BiBe reserves the right to refuse this permission.
BiBe would appreciate being informed by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org) of the creation of any link to the site https://bibe.lu .
Terms and conditions for the publication of contributions and documents
Publication under Creative Commons License By submitting your contributions for publication on this website, you accept that they will be published under Creative Commons License Attribution-NonCommercial - NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/).
With this license, you authorise the Users to:
- Share – copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format for any purpose.
You, as licensor, cannot revoke these freedoms as long as the user follow the license terms. Under the following terms:
- Attribution – The user must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. The user may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests you endorse him/her or his/her use.
- NonCommercial – The user may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- NoDerivatives – If the user remix, transform, or build upon the material, he/she may not distribute the modified material.
- No additional restrictions – The user may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
You retain copyright and grant the BiBe Platform right of publication of your contribution licensed under a Creative Commons License Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License that allows others to share the contribution with an acknowledgement of the contribution's authorship.
Terms of Publication By submitting your contributions for publication on this website, you accept the following terms of publication:
- You warrant that the contribution being published is your original contribution, and that you have secured any necessary permission to publish, quote, or include any images or other materials that come from sources outside the contribution.
- You grant the BiBe Platform permission to publish and use your name in connection with the publication of the contribution.
- You grant the BiBePlatform a perpetual, non-exclusive right to publish your contributions as part of the BiBe Platform, in any form that we choose (XML, PDF, etc.).
- You retain copyright over the contributions and are free to publish them in any other venue or format you choose.
- All materials are published by the BiBe Platform under an open-access model, and all of the BiBe Platform’s content will always be freely available to all via the BiBe website.
Terms and conditions for registration in order to become a contributor
By accepting these terms and conditions, you undertake:
- to create a secure password, consisting of 8 characters at least, including numbers, small-case letters and upper-case letters
- not to disclose the unique login and password that are created for you on registration;
- to disclose/make available documents/protected contributions only if you hold the intellectual property rights for this material/if you are the owner of this material;
- to respect the intellectual property rights of third parties (copyright, trademarks, patents, etc.) and not to reproduce, transmit or extract data without authorization;
- to add relevant metadata in the metadata form to any resource you might upload such as source, creator, copyrights, etc.
- to comply with accepted practices and standards
- not to express views that are disparaging, vulgar, illegal, etc.
- not to disclose personal data or confidential information.
By accepting these terms and conditions, you acknowledge that:
- the BiBe Platform may make changes to its terms and conditions of use and access at any time
- the BiBe Platform may delete your contributions at any time if it suspects that they infringe third-party rights or contravene accepted standards
- the BiBe Platform may delete content deemed to be inappropriate at any time.
The site, together with the information and documents that it contains (texts, images, photographs, etc.), is protected by intellectual property laws and by copyright legislation in all countries. You undertake to respect these intellectual property regulations and the copyright usage restrictions provided with each document without prejudice to the rights and exceptions envisaged by any binding provisions of applicable law. All rights of reproduction, public communication, adaptation, distribution or rebroadcasting via the Internet, an intranet or any other means are strictly reserved in all countries. The documents available on this website are the exclusive property of CELL and/or the University of Luxembourg and/or of their authors or right holders. You undertake not to remove or alter the copyright notice indicating the author or the source of a document, nor to circumvent the digital rights management protection of the documents, such as restrictions on printing or downloading and visible or invisible watermarking. Any infringement may give rise to civil or criminal proceedings.
The photographs and personal documents available on the site may also be subject to the exclusive rights held by the persons photographed or by the owners of the aforementioned documents, all use being consequently subject to their prior authorization.
Requests for authorization should be sent to CELL at the address indicated hereafter, or to the authors or right holders concerned.
Content provided by BiBe is not necessarily comprehensive, exhaustive, accurate or up to date. If, despite our best efforts, errors were to be found, BiBe may not be held responsible. CELL would nevertheless appreciate being informed of any such errors.
Permitted use short quotations are permitted, provided that the name of the author of the quoted document and its source are cited.
Users are solely responsible for their use of material provided on the site.
Applicable law and attribution of jurisdiction Luxembourg law is applicable, and the courts of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute regarding this site.
1. content of the online offer
Despite careful control of the content, we do not assume any liability for the topicality, correctness or completeness of the information provided. All offers are subject to change and non-binding. We reserve the right to change or supplement parts of the pages or the entire offer without prior notice.
2. references and links
The operators of external sites linked to our site are solely responsible for their content
3. copyright and trademark law
The copyright for any material created by the author is reserved. Any duplication or use of objects such as diagrams, sounds, or texts in other electronic or printed publications is not permitted without the author's agreement. Any duplication or use of objects such as images, diagrams, sounds, or texts in other electronic or printed publications is not permitted without the author's agreement. Excluded from this are the official press releases of the press office and the images placed there for the media: These releases are to be used and reproduced in large numbers.
4. legal validity
This disclaimer is to be regarded as part of the internet publication which you were referred from. If sections or individual terms of this statement are not legal or correct, the content or validity of the other parts remain uninfluenced by this fact.